We currently have the following position available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Driver based at the Charles Street depot.
As Lead Driver your primary responsibilities will involve communicating with drivers, providing assistance where necessary, allocating and coordinating resources and motivating the team. Alongside your driving duties you will be expected to act as a role model for others and be flexible to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager you will be responsible for:
· Ensuring vehicles are ready for allocation including fuelling, washing and toilet facilities.
· When on early morning shifts, ensure the VDF sheet is completed and record wages where required.
· On weekend shifts assist in taking telephone enquiries.
· Resolve any people or vehicle issues that may arise whilst on early morning, weekend or on call shifts.
· To ensure time is used effectively and efficiently in the depot, for example – allocating cleaning during quieter times.
· To communicate with employees on a daily basis regarding the information they need for their shift.
· To provide on-call cover for out of hours emergencies.
· Any other duties as required to deliver the operational needs of the business.
Hour of work will be a rotation of early and back shift. This will be 0300hrs until 1300hrs and 1500hrs until 0100hrs.
· PCV licence entitlement
· Up-to-date Driver CPC qualification
If you have great organisational skills and the drive and determination to succeed in this role please apply in writing to Liz Logan at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for this job