We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Depot Operations Manager based in the Dunoon depot. Reporting to the Regional Manager and Company Directors the Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of operational performance including the daily run-out.
- Working closely with Operations Supervisors and leading front line employees through effective communication.
- Creating and managing rota, shifts, sickness cover and holiday allocation.
- Co-ordinating and reporting of financial and commercial information to Head Office and other appropriate managers.
- Overseeing the cash and banking procedures.
- Recruitment and selection of new employees including managing the process of hiring trainee drivers and providing induction, route learning and familiarisation training.
- Analysing and monitoring driver behaviour and service reliability using GreenRoad telematics and Ticketer system.
- Appraise and identify training needs where required.
- Maintain accurate records of performance and set targets to improve performance levels where possible.
- Conduct investigations, disciplinary, grievance and return to work interviews.
- Collaborate with other depot managers and engineering to ensure an excellent working relationship.
This is a very demanding, dynamic role which requires a clear thinker and excellent communicator who thrives in a fast paced environment. Previous supervisory experience is required and the candidate must have a full PCV licence with CPC entitlement. If you have great organisational skills and the drive and determination to succeed in this role please apply in writing outlining why you should be successful enclosing your current CV to:
West Coast Motors
739 South Street
Alternatively you can email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
All applications must be received no later than Wednesday 15th May 2019. Apply for this job